Zel Technologies LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
sUAS Test Engineer
at Zel Technologies LLC
- 18-Apr-2019 to 17-Nov-2019 (EST)
- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Full Time
ZelTech is a veteran and minority owned professional services and information technology solutions business dedicated to bolstering US national security. We deliver expert advice, critical technologies and cost-effective solutions to help customers gather essential knowledge, collaborate efficiently, decide quickly and act decisively. Our staff includes experienced operational specialists, analysts, engineers, scientists, and program managers. ZelTech Team members and employees have the opportunity to connect with each other in a work environment of cutting-edge technology that is characterized by a strong sense of caring, community and mutual respect. We are committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive variety of elective benefits to include, but not limited to: Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Holidays and Paid Time Off, 401(K) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Referral and Merit Bonuses, Computer Purchase Program, and Education Reimbursement.
Active TS/SCI clearance required to be considered for this position.
Job Summary: The position is located in Kirtland AFB, New Mexico supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) RD-TS. The applicant will provide a wide range of Test Engineering Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support for rapid acquisition, technically focused small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS) and Counter UAS (CUAS) projects. The position requires the applicant to possess a technical understanding of UAS's and experience developing and executing UAS test plans. The position requires applicant to possess an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical recommendations to DTRA RD-TS leadership for sUAS/CUAS testing against known and previously unrecognized capability gaps in this area and to help meet validated requirements.
- Provide technical advice, feasibility analysis, and products necessary for the testing of approved initiatives, including conclusions and-or recommendations that are supported by test data, analysis, and operational relevancy.
- Provides UAS techniques and test procedures for supporting DTRA RD-TS experiments and tests.
- Assist in test planning, coordinating, and directing sUAS/CUAS testing activities.
- Review, evaluate, and remediate sUAS/CUAS testing and test plans.
- Identify aircraft requirements and testing procedures to obtain critical information to support test events.
- Responsible for the test functioning of newly installed equipment in aircraft structures to evaluate system performance.
- Responsible for maintaining the RD-TS UAS/UAV inventory to ensure the UAS/UAVs are flight-ready to support JD and RD-TS test events in order to gather required test data during tests, experiments, campaigns, and/or demonstrations.
- Supporting engineering development, execution, and sustainment of DTRA RS-TS sUAS/CUAS capabilities through proper test planning, data analysis, and operational recommendations.
- Supports DRTA RD-TS at appropriate briefings, seminars, conferences, workshops, and other working groups.
- Liaise with the DTRA RD testing community in Virginia for test plan development and ensure synchronization of sUAS/CUAS testing and test results analysis.
- Authors' quality test reports and papers relating to project progression.
- Identifies Risk and implements risk mitigation strategies to projects.
- Manages task order contract deliverables and uploads to appropriate databases and repositories.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical test phenomenology, reports, legal documents, etc.
- Prepare reports and presentations to company management and/or customer
- Respond to inquiries from customers, management, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Oversee daily activities of area or customer
- Support development and/or execution of company policies, procedures, & guidance
- Ability to manage complex acquisition portfolios
- Ability to manage time & resources
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator
- Bachelors' Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, RF, robotics, or Applied Physics
- Desired: -Masters' Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, RF, robotics, or Applied Physics background
Years ILO experience: 9-12 years' experience in Test and Evaluation position
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Required: 6+ years' experience in system testing and evaluation
- Required: Relevant technical experience in areas related to sUASUAV
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer"This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities."