Wilson & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wilson & Company
If you are a self-motivated professional who is looking to take on more responsibility in preparation of design projects related to municipal water and wastewater infrastructure, while seeking an employer that will focus on your specific career goals delivering high-quality professional services, we strongly encourage you to consider this position. With top tier benefits, and the understanding of a real work life balance, we strive to provide a positive work environment.
Wilson & Company is seeking a CADD Technician with a minimum of 4 years’ experience to support the sustainable design of municipal infrastructure projects involving the treatment and supply of potable water as well as the treatment and disposal of wastewater and sewage.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working within Autodesk Civil 3D following internal or client driven CADD standards
- Coordinating with design engineers to develop accurate construction drawings
- Adhering to a specific quality control procedures
- Developing design drawings utilizing engineering sketches
- Complete work according to standard engineering principles and practices and compliance with company standards and quality system procedures
- Create and document concepts, sketches, models, layouts, submittals, instructions, and complete design packages
- Capable of designing with minimum direction
- Desire to learn.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with design engineers and project team to prepare engineered drawings for construction.
- Work with Senior Project Managers and Operations Managers to prepare exhibits for meetings, proposals, and presentations.
- Assist other CADD Technicians update and maintain library of standard details.
- Assist other CADD Technicians in identifying and implementing new CADD practices as software and technology change.
- Minimum of 4 Years of Experience
- Autodesk Civil 3D proficiency required – emphasis on using Pipe Networks, plan and profile generation tools, use of data short-cuts.
- Proficiency with Microstation, Microsoft office, and other computer applications and design software is a plus
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 14 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.