U.S. Eagle Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internal Audit Supervisor
at U.S. Eagle Federal Credit Union
The Internal Audit Supervisor will provide leadership in the professional development of the Internal Audit staff and assist the Internal Audit Manager with: development of the Annual Comprehensive Credit Union Wide Risk assessment; development of the Internal Audit Plan which addresses identified organizational risks; and development of Audit programs necessary to support the Audit plan. This position will serve as a leader in the scheduling, planning, execution and reporting of audit assignments as set forth in the approved Annual Audit Plan; participate in the evaluation and monitoring of the organization’s control environment for design and effectiveness; complete designated projects and consulting opportunities; and represent and promote the Internal Audit department organization wide.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Furnish management with information to improve the effectiveness of risk management in order to achieve Credit Union objectives.
- Create a means to examine and evaluate the effectiveness of key internal controls of the Credit Union.
- Document the control evaluation process through the use of permanent files, flowcharts, narrative descriptions and resulting examination findings and recommendations.
- Provide an independent review, analysis, recommendations, guidance and information concerning Credit Union activities reviewed for the Supervisory Committee, Board of Directors, and management.
- Develop the professional skills of the Internal Audit staff.
- Assist in the advancement of the department capabilities to conduct efficient and effective audits and to meet the needs of a $3 billion dollar credit union.
- Serve as a focal point for communication between external auditors, Federal Examiners, Supervisory Committee and Board of Directors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Three years to five years of similar or related experience. Three or more years' audit experience in public accounting or four or more years' internal audit experience, preferably in a financial institution.
Education & Certification:
Bachelor’s or greater degree in Accounting, with a minimum of 150 hours of college credit. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification required. Necessary annual CPE required to maintain professional certification(s) is required to be identified and scheduled, pending approval by the Internal Audit Manager. Compliance with annual CPE requirements will be reported to the Supervisory Committee.
- Proficiency in application of contemporary internal auditing theory, auditing standards, procedures and techniques.
- Understanding of management principles, general business systems and internal controls.
- Understanding of financial institutions and applicable regulatory oversight.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, and Visio.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong command of accounting and audit concepts/principles.
- Good oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for detail / analytical work.
- Ability to hold information in strict confidence.
- Proven aptitude for leadership and initiative is required.
- Ability to train staff.
- Mastery of TeamMate preferred.