U.S. Eagle Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Maintenance Tech
at U.S. Eagle Federal Credit Union
U.S. Eagle has an opening for a General Maintenance Tech. U.S. Eagle was voted one of New Mexico's Top Workplaces for multiple years, including 2017. Come work where everyone belongs!
The primary purpose of this position is to help the credit union achieve its service mission, "To improve the financial well-being of each member and the communities we serve, through trusted relationships," by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. To ensure the Credit Union's building systems and equipment are functioning properly, and are maintained in excellent condition.
- Landscaping – Clean up external of branches, check irrigation systems for proper operation, check and repair lines, valves, and set timers.
- Construction- Frame metal and wood stud walls, install metal door frames, hang and adjust doors. Hang drywall, tape and finish. Painting.
- Lighting- Change light bulbs inside and outside, change out burned out ballast, adjust external lighting timers, trouble shoot basic electrical.
- HVAC- Quarterly change of filters in AC units, clean condensers coils, trouble shoot broken units on a minimal level (check breakers, fuses and broken belts) and program thermostats.
- Plumbing- Change out Sloan valve parts on toilets, urinals, washer on faucets, and clean out P trap.
- Mechanical- Repair or replace and adjust door knobs, locks, and closers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: Good communication skills both written and oral.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds. Must be licensed and able to drive a motor vehicle.
Hours/days required for this position: Monday - Friday; 40 hours per week. Saturdays as needed.