UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Counselor/Social Worker 2
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Truman Health Services
$53,920 minimum- $67,401 midpoint, Annual Salary
# of Openings:
Position Class Code/Title: S4019 / Counselor/Social Worker 2
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
Truman Health Services is a NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home which provides the highest level of care and latest treatment options for New Mexicans living with HIV, requiring gender services or seeking PrEP. We offer a variety of treatment services utilizing a holistic approach towards supporting our patients’ medical, social and mental health needs. Truman Health Services is seeking an experienced candidate to serve as a social work coordinator for Part D patients.
We are thrilled to announce our recruitment for a Master's level social worker to join our highly experienced integrated care team.
We are seeking an individual to provide behavioral health services to people living with HIV/AIDS and other chronic diseases as well as provide coordination of care services to Women and Youth living with HIV. Core services provided by candidate may include coordination of case with a interdisciplinary team, assessment, and brief interventions to engage patients in care. Participate in consultation with the behavioral health team and primary care team, assist the primary Part D team in their role of engaging patients in care. The chosen candidate must be focused, able to handle multiple demands that may arise in a PCMH, have excellent written and oral communication skills, exceptional computer skills and be detail oriented.
Priority will be given to candidates who are:
• Experienced in social work/case management services for medically, psychologically and socially complex populations.
• Previous training in implementing behavioral health interventions to people living with HIV/AIDS.
• Experienced working with the LGBTQ community.
• Experienced working in a community based inter-disciplinary setting.
• Prefer Bilingual English/Spanish
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Provides, oversees, and/or administers a wide range of psychosocial evaluation/assessment, diagnostic, counseling therapy, crisis intervention, and/or case management services in a high-intensity clinical environment which requires a high degree of independent decision-making and program administration. Leads and trains lower level counselors/social workers, students, and/or interns engaged in related therapeutic/patient care activities, as appropriate to the individual position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy to clients and families as appropriate to the position; prepares treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs; provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
- Collects data about patients through interview, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
- Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, as appropriate, in the performance of therapeutic and/or casework; refers clients to appropriate service agencies as required.
- Provides and/or arranges for therapeutic interventions as appropriate for patients or clients in a crisis condition and for those with serious disturbance problems.
- Refers clients to appropriate social service agencies for financial assistance and other required services; may visits patients and families in their homes to provide counseling and outreach services.
- Follows up to determine reliability of treatment used; changes method and degree of therapy when indicated.
- Establishes and maintains case files, referrals, and other related documents for the treatment of clients; prepares related documentation for civil commitment hearings or other legal proceedings; keeps abreast of patient data to ensure appropriate treatment and care are delivered.
- Consults with other legal and treatment agencies and individuals in relation to patient/client records, rights, and responsibilities.
- Plans and facilitates community outreach and education activities, as appropriate to the position; may serve as a liaison and representative to community organizations and schools.
- Provides clinical supervision to lower level therapists and/or graduate social work students/interns, as appropriate, and/or consulting services to other patient care professionals.
- As appropriate to the position, performs various administrative functions such as monitoring budgets and preparing reports and correspondence; may participate in a variety of research projects to develop service plans, and may propose changes to program policies and procedures.
- May provide formal teaching, consultation, and in-service training to relevant professionals in immediate and proper handling of and/or referral of a variety of matters.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or a related degree with 3 years directly related experience. Licensed Prof Clinical Counselor (LPCC) or equivalent OR Licensed Indep Social Worker (LISW) or equivalent OR licensure pending, as documented by temporary license. Verification of education and licensure will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to perform medical examinations using standard medical procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners and/or the general public.
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Knowledge of OR, pre-op and/or post-op procedures.
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
- Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be credentialed per UNM Medical Group, Inc., policies and procedures and/or UNM HSC policies and procedures as applicable.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Light physical activity. Requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- May require walking or standing to a significant degree or requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls.
- May require working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of materials is negligible.