University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Operations Manager - req# 10367
at University of New Mexico
Senior Operations Manager
|Working Title||Senior Operations Manager|
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) is preparing for thecompletion of the new state-of-the art Physics & Astronomy andInterdisciplinary Science (PAÍS) facility. PAÍS will accommodate modernresearch labs and classrooms and enhance student achievement and retention inthe STEM programs. PAIS will also house the Interdisciplinary ScienceCooperative (IS Co-Op), which is comprised of all of the InterdisciplinaryScience (IS) Centers and Core Laboratories under CAS.
The general mission of the IS Co-Op is two-fold: To provideadministrative and logistical support to IS Centers and Core Laboratories inthe PAÍS facility, and to identify and pursue funding and outreachopportunities that will enable IS Centers and Core Laboratories to collaborateon interdisciplinary science research projects that build on and extend theresearch projects being pursued by individual principal investigators, centersand labs.
The Sr. Operations Manager serves as the senioradministrator for the IS Co-Op and manages and oversees the day-to-dayadministrative and programmatic activities of the Co-Op. This position works closely with the IS Co-OpCoordinator to interface with the scientific and business operations workingwith the Co-Op Executive Board and Center Directors to promote the strategicgoals of the Co-Op and its mission. This position will assist with thedevelopment of strategies and initiatives to generate additional funding forthe Co-Op, including the IS Centers and Core Laboratories.
The successful candidate will have the ability to workindependently, have experience with community engagement and outreach, budgetdevelopment and oversight, service center billing and business planning,developing operational policies and procedures and event planning.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Oversee the fiscal management of the IS Co-Op and to its members (namely, the IS Centers and Core Laboratories housed within the PAÍS facility) including grant management, service center billings, and rate sheet development.
· Manage the daily operations of the IS Co-Op (e.g., coordinates interdisciplinary space, order supplies, coordinate with the Facilities Manager of the Physics and Astronomy Department regarding building issues, etc.).
· Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operational procedures for the center.
· Coordinate events in the PAÍS facility that are sponsored by the IS Co-Op and its members.
· Maintain and update the IS Co-Op’s website and develop and produce marketing and outreach materials.
· Assist the Chair of the Executive Committee with outreach opportunities for the IS Co-Op.
· Serve as liaison to the Physics & Astronomy Department regarding shared spaces, staff, and scheduling in PAÍS.
· Identify and coordinate possible interdisciplinary research opportunities to Co-Op members.
· Proposal planning and development.
|Additional Requirements||Please attached a list of at least three (3) Professional References (past supervisors and line managers).|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Arts Sciences Admn Support (711D)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3956.33 to$ 5924.53 per month (depending upon Education and Expenience)|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required|
|For Best Consideration Date||9/3/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please attach an updated Resume; and include a Cover Letter that supports why you are the best candidate to fill this position.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.