University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Assistant - req# 9594
at University of New Mexico
|Working Title||Office Assistant|
The IRHJ is looking for a .5FTE Office Assistant to support staff in the office. The chosen person will be performing a range of basic office support activities such as answering and directing calls, greeting and directing visitors, answering questions and performing routine clerical, data entry, and/or work processing work as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities.
1. Answers telephones, routes phone calls, takes messages, and provides general information; greets and directs visitors; answers routine inquiries; maintains log of inquiries as required.
2. Opens and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to department staff/faculty.
3. Performs a variety of routine typing assignments as appropriate to the position; may operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; types and mails form letters.
4. Copies and/or duplicates materials as requested; may oversee day-to-day operation of copy machine; may prepare and transmit facsimiles for the unit.
5. Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
6. May perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
7. May schedule or assist in scheduling appointments, meetings, and/or conferences, as appropriate to the position.
8. May order, stock, and distribute office supplies.
9. May be required to handle HIPAA protected client information.
10. May run various routine errands, as required, for the unit/department.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
TERM APPOINTMENT; FUNDING AVAILABLE THROUGH 06/30/2020; CONTINUANCE BEYOND THAT DATE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF ADDITIONAL FUNDING.
|Conditions of Employment|
High School Diploma or GED; no previous experience required.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
1. Experience in an office setting.
2. Experience working with HIPAA protected information.
3. Bilingual English/Spanish
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Inst for Resilient Health & Justice (340C)|
|Staff Type||Term - Part-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2020|
|Pay||$9.00 to $12.05/hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||7/8/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume, Cover letter and 3 supervisor references - All 3 must be included to be considered for position|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.