University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Support Tech 1 - req# 6963
at University of New Mexico
IT Support Tech 1
|Working Title||IT Support Tech 1|
UNM IT Academic Technologies is seeking an IT Support Tech 1 to join our Learning Environments team in support of faculty using academic technologies in the classroom and physical learning environments. The Learning Environments team provides services which directly impact classroom instruction, including support for computers, projectors, and media equipment in classroom and lab environments. This position will work closely with other staff and students to provide support and troubleshoot issues in the 150+ general use classrooms that Academic Technologies is responsible for across campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The position supports equipment checkout to faculty in support of instruction (laptops, projectors, etc.). The position is also responsible for late afternoon and evening supervision of over 30 student employees.
2. Performs general problem solving and assistance on instructional technologies (hardware and software) primarily for UNM faculty in support of all general purpose classrooms and classroom instruction.
3. Provides individual and/or group instruction and training primarily to faculty but also for some staff and students on new or updated technologies.
4. Supervises and leads lower graded staff and student employees supporting the classrooms on campus. Serves as the afternoon and evening supervisor for 30-40 students
5. Performs an array of technical assistance and maintenance duties; maintains and updates record keeping system; supports equipment checkout processes; documents projects; writes and maintains user instructions
6. Coordinates, maintains, and inputs applicable records such as Cherwell Help tickets (trouble tickets), and tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials. The unit has a very large inventory of computers, projectors, cameras, etc. Position also helps reconcile billing information and responsible for urgent purchases for fixes.
7. A large percentage of the position is fixing, replacing and troubleshooting classroom devices. Performs the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, workstations and other related equipment and devices.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 6 months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
1. UNM or Higher Ed experience
2. Experience troubleshooting hardware (computers, laptops, projectors, etc.)
3. Ability to work independently
4. Willingness to work evening hours
5. Experience with resolving Help tickets
6. Experience supervising students
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Academic Technologies (321A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$12.38 to $18.57(Hourly)|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/6/2018|
|Application Instructions||Include Resume and Cover Letter|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.