U.S. Cotton, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at U.S. Cotton, LLC
- Identify and repair mechanical problems on all production equipment in assigned area including preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, equipment repairs, troubleshooting, cleaning, and installations to ensure the maximum uptime on all equipment. Mechanics may be assigned to one of the departments listed below:
- Machine Shop
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Maintain a limited variety of machinery.
- Dismantle, assemble, and maintain standard equipment requiring skilled fitting and alignment.
- Diagnosis and correct machine trouble promptly.
- Install parts using stock replacement parts
- Maintain facilities internal and external
- Promote a safe and clean work environment.
- Adhere to all company work rules and policies, safety rules, and properly use all equipment entrusted for the performance of tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years maintenance experience preferred.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent. Post high school course work or on-the-job experience.
- Experience in technical areas including machine shop operations, welding, basic electrical practices, fluid power, pneumatics, and pipefitting.
- Capable to follow blueprints, lubrication charts, and engineering specifications.
- Able to communicate with all levels internally and externally.
- Able to exercise good judgment on highly complex situations.
- General knowledge of machine operation; ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively.
- Efficient with use of hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments
- Able to follow blueprints, lubrication schedules, and engineering specifications.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as but not limited to lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
- Reports to: Production Supervisor
- Directly Supervises: N/A
- Indirectly Supervises: N/A
- Internal: Act in a consulting capacity to management, engineering, and other departments requiring technical guidance.
- External: Work with vendors, contractors, and consultants as required. May guide and coordinate the procurement of prototype tooling and other support material and equipment.