U.S. Cotton, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at U.S. Cotton, LLC
Job TitleMaintenance Mechanic
- Identify and repair mechanical problems on all production equipment in assigned areas including preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, equipment repairs, troubleshooting, cleaning, and installations to ensure the maximum uptime on all equipment in the departments listed below:
- Machine Shop
- Facility (Air Wash, Filter House, Compressors, etc.)
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Arrange, build, modify, clean, and maintain a wide variety of machinery.
- Dismantle, assemble, and maintain intricate specialized equipment requiring skilled fitting and alignment.
- Repair and maintain mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, production equipment, motors, pneumatic tools, pumps, and wrapping equipment.
- Monitor mechanics 3 and 2 within assigned departments.
- Provide training and development for all maintenance mechanics 3 and 2 skill levels.
- Provide technical guidance to 3 and 2 skill level mechanics.
- Help schedule preventative maintenance activates.
- Operate all machine shop equipment efficiently.
- Diagnosis and correct machine trouble promptly.
- Install parts using stock replacement parts
- Promote a safe and clean work environment.
- Schedule maintenance activities during shutdown periods.
- Work directly with management on projects and new equipment installations.
- Adhere to all company work rules and policies, safety rules, and properly use all equipment entrusted for the performance of tasks.
- May repair minor electrical problems (proper personal protective equipment required).
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of eight years maintenance experience preferred.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred. Post high school course work or on-the-job experience.
- Experience in technical areas including machine shop operations, welding, basic electrical practices, fluid power, pneumatics, and pipefitting.
- Capable of reading machine drawings and any instruments that measure in thousandths of an inch (e.g. micrometer, calipers, depth mikes).
- Strong math skills
- Able to communicate with all levels internally and externally.
- Able to exercise good judgment on highly complex situations.
- Capable of extended hours and on-call at all times
- Advanced knowledge of machine operation; ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively.
- Proficient with use of hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments
- Able to read blueprints, lubrication schedules, and engineering specifications.
- Strong understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as but not limited to lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, and walking.
- See Job Analysis Document
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
- Reports to: Production Supervisor
- Directly Supervises: N/A
- Indirectly Supervises: N/A
- Internal: Act in a consulting capacity to management, engineering, and other departments requiring technical guidance.
- External: Work with vendors, contractors, and consultants as required. May guide and coordinate the procurement of prototype tooling and other support material and equipment.