Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Do you have maintenance experience? If so, we encourage you to apply today! The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel is a team of dedicated, guest-focused, hard-working hospitality professionals who are empowered to provide excellent service to all guests and clients of our hotel, including to all of our internal team members as well! We are currently seeking a friendly, professional, knowledgeable team member to join our maintenance team! This team member will be responsible for keeping all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day to day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of Engineering Management. Handling of guest and service requests in a timely, professional manner.
This experience we are looking for can be a combination of grounds/building maintenance, heating/cooling, painting, mechanical, refrigeration, construction, plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets, assisting with high speed internet problems, HVAC problems and programming TV’s, read, log, track and interpret reading from meters, gauges and other measuring units, swimming pool and spa maintenance, and other similar duties/experience. Overall you will conduct room preventative maintenance on all 295 rooms, buildings and equipment.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown has been awarded the Gold Level New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award! What does this mean? This means that we offer a host of employee and family friendly benefits to our associates! Some of those benefits include:
-A first-class salary and superior benefit packet
-Medical (two options) with vision
-401(k) with 3% company match
-Voluntary Term Life Insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, and children)
-Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and personal/medical leave time)
-Free non-slip shoes (two free pair per year!)
-Progressive yet fun workplace
-Positive associate relations
-Associate recognition and events, incentives and rewards
-Major hotel discounts at over 6,000 hotels worldwide
-Other company discounts
This is a full-time position and will primarily work days (with flexibility to work some PM shifts when needed). Hours scheduled and will vary weekly between Monday-Sunday. Weekends and holidays are required, as well as some overtime based on the needs of the business.
The ideal candidate should have two years of maintenance related experience and one year of customer service experience. Mechanical and refrigeration experience highly preferred! A pleasant attitude and outgoing personality, the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong verbal communication, excellent time-management skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple changing priorities is a must! He/She must demonstrate strong attention to detail, the ability to understand guest service needs and the ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Guest Rooms: plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets, assisting with high speed internet problems, HVAC problems and programming TV’s.
- Public Areas: plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical, HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
- Fire alarm/Life safety system: monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Energy Conservation: to observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to Engineering Management.
- Tools: clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies: Be available for any emergencies and act in and engineering capacity to protect our guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety: to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guest of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Records: to read, log, track and interpret reading from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Departmental Duties: to clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel.
- General: Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep supervisor updated on assignments. Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
- Conducts room preventative maintenance on all hotel rooms, buildings and equipment.
- Responsible for swimming pool and spa maintenance.
- Assists with picking up trash in the parking lot.
- Assists guests as needed.
- Assists with security and safety checks for the property through visual checks.
Interested? Apply today at www.sheratonuptown.com/apply and HR will either call or email you regarding next steps. Please be sure to include an updated resume and three professional references when applying.
All candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and drug screen.
Our company participates in E-Verify.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send me an e-mail at Michele.Smith@sheratonuptown.com or call 505-349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.