Sargent & Lundy LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Systems Designer
at Sargent & Lundy LLC
- United States
- Area of Interest
- Other Professionals
- Full Time - Regular
- Job ID
The Instructional Systems Designer must analyze, design, develop and evaluate courses and training programs for personnel of the Department of Energy (DOE) and DOE contractors using a Standardized Approach to Training (SAT) process and following established course development policy and procedures. The individual must further be able to work collaboratively with NTC instructors and subject matters experts (SMEs) to produce classroom, scenario-based, and online courses and engaging and effective instructional and training materials and job aids that utilize state-of-the-art instructional strategies and techniques.
This position is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Collaborate with other team members to maintain instructional materials utilizing varying instructional strategies and techniques.
- Assist with the course planning and development process as well as the writing of project plans.
- Ensure milestones are met and deliverables are submitted as scheduled.
- Provide recommendations for sequencing of instruction and the use of needs assessments and job analyses.
- Maintain course materials for classroom and scenario-based environments in accordance with DOE and other applicable instructional design principles.
- Assist with the assessment of performance outcomes to analyze current and desired levels of performance in a systematic manner and offer interventions with which to improve performance and evaluate results.
- Apply and follow basic safety and security concepts and policies.
- Perform instructional design duties beyond those identified here with the technical guidance and assistance of an Instructional Systems Designer II or III.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- High school diploma and completion of MIT-120 Job Analysis and MIT-210 Curriculum Development Training or equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience working as a member of a multi-discipline team in a training organization performing duties related to curriculum management
- Experience in planning and executing several long-term projects simultaneously.
Essential skills and experience:
- Must execute training product maintenance to meet company objectives.
- Must assist with determining appropriate training methodologies and ascertain what is best for specific projects.
- Must communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Must partner with other teams to ensure effective product maintenance.
- Must use systems and controls to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Commitment to company values.
- Unquestioned integrity and qualification for government security clearance.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.