Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COOK II - CANTINA RIO
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
The Cook II position is for an intermediate skilled line cook and will require good communication and culinary skills. A successful Cook II will have professional knowledge of coming ingredients and procedures and will be able to operate multiple stations.
* Follow Standards Operational Procedures (SOP’s) and production lists to meet required par levels and specifications for assigned stations or duties.
* Maintain Board of Health Sanitation standards, kitchen and personal hygiene and cleanliness, as well as food service techniques and safety.
* Must be familiar with all basic cooking techniques and food preparation techniques.
* Ability to multi-task in high volume situations.
* Advanced knife skills including simple butchering.
* Ability to work collaboratively within the outlet for effective day to day operations.
* Accepts direction during day to day operations to ensure culinary standards are met and operational guidelines are followed, including the recoding of time and temperature reports.
* Efficient preparation of all food items based on established recipes and plating procedures.
* Assists in the acceptance of deliveries and the recording of all inventories.
* Check the preparation of the food, insuring the highest standards of quality.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Preference given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
* High School Diploma/GED required.
* 2+ years of prior culinary experience or culinary degree, or combination of the two.
* Must be able to work any scheduled hours and shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
* Must be familiar with batch cooking and large quantity cooking.
* Ability to run the basic line stations including prep, pantry, grill, pizza oven, sauté, carving, wok, and simple breakfast stations.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission non-key license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Display strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy environment.
* Ability to accurately measure and keep accurate records.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret all basic culinary math.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talks and hear.
* Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
* Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work in areas with extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment.