Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Interventional Radiological Technologist PRN
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Interventional Radiological Technologist PRN
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGIC TECH
CATH LAB/INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY LAB
MANAGER/DIRECTOR SURGICAL SERVICES
Job Summary and Scope
Assist to promote and restore patients' health through supervised nursing care to assigned patients within the nursing process; collaborate with physicians and multidisciplinary team members. Serve as a role model to promote a positive work environment and quality patient care while utilizing SRMC Values and promoting SRMC’s mission and vision. The nature of the job is diverse with frequent new and varied work situations. The job involves a moderate degree of complexity. Patient care assignment may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure all interventional radiology cases proceed in a safe efficient manner by preparing necessary supplies, equipment, and tools, while anticipating the interventionists’ needs.
- POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES- Maintain established hospital as well as departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Report potential and actual patient safety, concerns, medical errors and or near misses in a timely manner thru the chain of command and document within the PSN system.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional psychological and spiritual support to patient, friends and families.
- Promote patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, identified lay caregiver and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams and resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Active participation in hospital strategic initiatives such as quality improvement and monitoring TJC compliance.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
- Able to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in coordinating patient care by reviewing cases and schedule with team members to assure accurate and efficient case flow.
- Maintain inventories of interventional radiology equipment and supplies.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures to ensure turnover time targets are met.
- Assist physicians or registered nurses in the conduct of preparation, intra-procedure, and recovery of interventional radiology procedures as assigned.
- Follow prescribed techniques to administer specific radiation for imaging purposes; adjust equipment; calculate exposure factors; position and immobilizes patients, as necessary; use appropriate lead shielding.
- Operate imaging equipment, computer and other assistive devices according to department standards.
- Prepare and administer contrast media/agents.
- Provide protection to patients, family members, staff and self in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards and ALARA.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Contacts are normally made with other within UNM-Sandoval
- Contacts are usually with own department staff and own supervisor
- Contacts frequently contain confidential/sensitive information necessitating discretion at all times
- Percentage of contacts by phone: 20%; percentage of contacts face to face: 70%; percentage of contacts by email:10%.
- Percentage of contacts with patients: 80% and percentage with non patients: 20%.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Physiological knowledge
- Knowledge in bedside manner
- Knowledge in infection control
- Clinical Nursing Skills
- Skill in administering medication
- Multi-tasking skills
- Teamwork abilities
- Health Promotion and Maintenance abilities
- Patient assessment knowledge
- Critical thinking abilities
- Ability to remain focused and organized
- Ability to independently seek out resources
- Knowledge of scope of the Registered Nurse
Education: Common Allied Health and Accred (AMA), or Accred ED program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (Radiography)
- NM Radiation Therapy Program Licensure (RRT)
- ILS or ACLS Certification or obtain within 6 months of date of position
Work Experience: 6 months recent directly related experience
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements:
* 1 year recent experience in specialty area
* Dual Language Certification
* Bachelors degree or higher
* Certification in specialty area
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference checks and a post offer drug screen.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Tuberculin Skin Test required annually
- Hospital required vaccinations
- Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk
- Exposure to contagious diseases
- Dealing with grief and sorrow
- Dealing with hostile and upset people
- Extensive computer work
- Evening meetings
- Dealing with high stress situations/levels
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays as outlined by department guidelines