Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeper PT 0.50
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Housekeeper PT 0.50
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (EVS)
Job Summary and Scope
Under the supervision of the EVS Director performs a variety of environmental service duties in order to maintain a neat, orderly and sanitary hospital at all times. Serves as a role model to promote the SRMC Values, contributes to a positive work environment, produces efficient quality patient and customer service. Complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. No direct patient care.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Select cleaning materials/supplies and use chemical dispensing machines according to procedure
- Clean assigned areas by removing the trash, high and low dusting, using hospital approved disinfectant to clean all available lateral surfaces. Cleaning also includes washing walls, doors, door frames, ceilings, ventilators, patient televisions, and windows. Polish, hardware, brass, furniture, mirrors, lighting fixtures, window sill, screens, vents, radiators, exteriors of cabinets and non-medical equipment.
- Sweep and mop hard surface floors, vacuums carpets, spot-clean carpet using appropriate solution, and arrange furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned area
- Operate various types of cleaning equipment both mechanical and electrical to include vacuum cleaner, shop vacuum, mini extractor, auto floor scrubber and/or roto machine. Clean equipment and notify manager of equipment needing repair
- Report safety hazards to manger
- Hang cubicle curtains, window drapes, or reach high areas for other cleaning purposes which may require the use of a ladder
- Collect various types of waste from all areas of the hospital to include hazardous waste. Sanitize all garbage cans, and keep compactor area free of debris
- Collect soiled linen and stage for pick up and deliver clean linen.
- Collect and transport infectious waste using appropriate personal protection equipment in designated containers to staging area for vendor collection for appropriate destruction according to federal and state laws.
- Clean Isolation rooms as outlined terminal cleaning procedures
- Terminal clean Operating Rooms and other sterile environments as outlined in terminal cleaning procedures and/or according to requirements as stated in governing agencies.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Position doesn’t have the scope of decision making, budget, assets and planning responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate clearly through written and verbal communication
- Communicate effectively with peers, customers, patients and other internal contacts within UNM SRMC most frequently with department staff and supervisor. Contacts are seldom about confidential/sensitive matters.
Education: High School
Work Experience: None
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements: 6 months - 1 year housekeeping experience
- Job is not supervisory in nature
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference checks and a post offer drug screen.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Tuberculin Skin Test required annually
- Hospital required vaccinations
- Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk