Rio Rancho Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Teacher
at Rio Rancho Public Schools
Job Title: Special Education Teacher
Elementary and Secondary
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Current New Mexico Department of Education license appropriate to the teaching assignment with applicable endorsements or ability to obtain proper licensure within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Efficient organizational ability;
- Professional written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordinates teaching program with site-based goals and district wide objectives;
- Instructs and assists students in motor, language, socio-emotional and cognitive development;
- Assures that goals and objectives in Individual Educational Plans (IEPs) are completed;
- Assists students with special needs, such as feeding, moving non-ambulatory students, bathroom assistance, diapering, and bathing;
- Plans and directs instruction activities of educational assistants;
- Instructs students in one-on-one activities and in small groups;
- Provides regular communication with educational assistants, ancillary staff and regular education teachers on student progress;
- Arranges physical environment of the classroom for optimum learning and safety of students;
- Provides accurate delivery of curriculum to students within the scope of teaching assignment;
- Uses and applies appropriate conflict resolution skills with students; maintains positive attitude and ensures classroom environment is conducive to student learning;
- Develops goals and objectives for self, grade level/content group and student academic achievement;
- Maintains documentation to assure accountability;
- Provides appropriate instructional classroom activities for students; maintains order in the assigned classroom;
- Maintains records of student performance and attendance;
- Completes required reports and report cards within prescribed time frames, attends staff meetings and in-service training activities and school activities in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement;
- Demonstrates the competencies as required by Regulation Title 6, Chapter 69, Part 4.12 New Mexico Administrative Code Performance Evaluation System Requirements for Teachers and effectiveness as required by Regulation Title 6, Chapter 69, Part 8 of the New Mexico Administrative Code Teacher and School Leader Effectiveness;
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations;
- Employee may be assigned other duties based on the needs of the district during the term of employment.
Work Hours: Work hours are established in the employment contract. Additional work hours may be assigned by the School Principal within the parameters of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Applicant must attach:
- Copy of Professional License OR copy of licensure application with money order sent to NMPED OR a written statement as to the status of your NM licensure.
- Copy of transcript from each crediting college or university
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Contact Information
Friday, May 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)