Rio Rancho Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rio Rancho Public Schools
This posting is for short term 2019-2020 School Year
Safety & Security
240 Day Contract
Job Title: Confidential Clerical
A confidential clerical employee devotes a majority of his/her time to assisting and acting in a confidential capacity with respect to a licensed administrator or district-wide manager who formulates, determines, and effectuates management policies and decisions; This employee works under supervision in Human Resources, Finance, other Executive Directors, Principal, Information Technology, Associate Superintendent, Chief Operations Officer, or Superintendent
High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written;
- Working knowledge of office equipment, including computer software programs;
- Knowledge and experience of office procedures relating to management of confidential information.
Essential Job Responsibilities
This description provides general information on clerical positions which deal with a variety of confidential information. Other duties may be assigned as appropriate by supervisor.
- Assists in the development of effective office processes/procedures for management of data specific to the area of responsibility;
- Uses decision-making skills to determine specialized outcomes relating to area of responsibility;
- Implements management policies and directives in conjunction with area of responsibility;
- Performs usual office routines, including information intake, organization of information into records or other data formats, maintenance and distribution of data;
- Types a variety of material and/or documents;
- Prepares, maintains and files records as assigned;
- Operates word processors, computers, calculators, copiers, and facsimile machines;
- Places and answers telephone calls and appropriately responds to requests for information;
- Obtains, gathers, and organizes pertinent data as needed and puts it into usable form;
- Maintains a neat and orderly work station;
- Knows and effectuates the grievance procedures and timelines;
- Develops or assists in developing filing systems, manages, and maintains filing systems;
- Furthers communication to appropriate entities of policies and procedures, and carries out tasks to promote positive public relations;
- Assist in formulating and making recommendations for change of various programs, policies, and procedures;
- Learn, implement and train staff with regard to new software, programs and procedures;
- Work involves the independent performance of sometimes difficult secretarial work entailing a high degree of responsibility, discretion, and confidentiality;
- Ensures compliance of office activities with financial, legal, and administrative requirements;
- Acting as liaison between administrators, departments, schools, staff and the public to provide information, address a variety of issues and/or provide general support;
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations;
- Performs other related duties consistent with job description and assignment as assigned.
Work hours will be in accordance with hours determined by the school district and
the individual schools.
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
1 Transcript from each Credentialing University or, if you have no college credits, a copy of your High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director of Safety & Security|
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)