Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Health Care
Provides for the safety and security of patients, clients, visitors, staff and property.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; checks in and/or escorts patients, visitor and outside contractors; assists patients and others into and out of their vehicles.
- Patrols sites on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Assists in directing fire drills or emergency evacuations; responds to alarms.
- Oversees security monitors, cameras, and other surveillance equipment.
- Secures evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Uses verbal skills to de-escalate disruptive people.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents by calling the appropriate services and containing the event as much as possible..
- Prepares logs, incident reports and other reports as required.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies, procedures and plans.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Minimum of two years verifiable and successful security experience (Preferred)
- Previous work experience with the public in a service setting
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Surveillance equipment.
- Emergency and disaster response.
- Trained and certified if necessary in the use of any non-lethal weapons approved for the position.
- Microsoft Word.
- Exercising good judgment and communication skills.
- Using tact, discretion, patience, emotional control, respect and prudence in dealing with patients/clients.
- Completing forms, composing and filing reports.
- Basic first aid.
- Verbal skills to de-escalate disruptive individuals.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Speaking the Towa language.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable licenses or certifications.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, certification in each of the following:
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Must have National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS-100, IS-700, and IS-800 or obtain within three (3) Months of employment.
- Trained and certified as appropriate in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following:
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.