Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Health Care
As a member of the Medical Services team, performs a variety of nursing duties in an outpatient clinical setting.
• Performs or assists medical staff in performing medical assessments on patients.
• Administers medications and other treatments as required; draws blood for laboratory tests and performs other standard diagnostic procedures; prepares patients for medical staff examinations and assists during such examinations, and performs related professional nursing duties.
• Responds to medical emergencies; assesses the situation, provides immediate assistance and/or calls for medical staff assistance.
• Prepares and maintains medical records and files, including laboratory tests and their results and medications and other treatments administered and actions taken; reviews and updates charts.
• Prepares a variety of reports, correspondence and other written materials as required.
• Assists in the training of staff as required.
• Uses standard office and medical equipment in the course of the work; orders supplies as required.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment in accordance with Clinic procedures, rules and regulations.
• Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
• Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in Nursing; AND two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Theory, principles, practices and methods of providing nursing care and services at the level of a registered nurse.
Techniques of medical assessment and evaluation of various age groups.
Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
Medical record keeping and the standard format for information on charts and other medical documentation.
Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
Routine infection control procedures and practices.
Proper techniques for documentation of examination and treatment information.
Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Computer software utilized by the clinic.
Assessing client medical status and situations and taking or recommending appropriate action.
Performing skilled nursing in a clinical setting.
Using medical instruments and techniques skillfully and safely.
Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes and regulations.
Preparing accurate, clear and concise medical documentation and records.
Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports related to the nursing area and client population.
Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with customers.
Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid New Mexico Registered Nurse license
• Valid New Mexico Driver’s license