Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Senior Center Program
at Jemez Pueblo
Responsible for managing program operations for the Senior Center; ensures quality services are executed within the scope of work of the federal and state regulations.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Recommends selection of staff; trains staff and provides for their professional development; administers discipline as required.
- Plans goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the program; provides input into the budget and administers the budget for the program.
- Develops, implements and evaluates short and long-range program goals with established operational mission statements for all senior program services.
- Assesses client needs to identify gaps in service and effectiveness of social services programs; reviews and recommends program changes.
- Plans, implements, administers, and evaluates the programs providing services to the senior citizens of Jemez Pueblo; develops strategies to ensure the highest level of quality service and care to the seniors.
- Ensures adherence to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Coordinates with HHS staff on health, fitness and nutritional needs of senior citizens for a comprehensive wellness program.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, social work, or a closely related field; AND five (5) years of professional experience in community management; two (2) years of which were in a supervisory/managerial role.