Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Manager- Property Management
at Peak Living
- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Full Time
Peak Living is currently seeking a qualified Regional Manager to join our team! Under the direction of the Executive Vice President, the Regional Manager assists in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management; recruits, trains, develops, and supervises community managers; and shares responsibility for maintaining the physical asset and performance of assigned properties.
At Peak Living, our employees love where they work. We are a full-service real estate management company with communities across the United States. Peak Living is uniquely positioned for growth as it continues rapid expansion through acquisitions. We believe successful growth is best achieved by developing high quality teams and empowering them in their roles to boost property performance.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Must possess proven track record of successful regional property management experience and knowledge of property maintenance, property marketing, and insurance.
- Must have strong supervisory, personnel management and organizational skills.
- Ability to delegate and communicate property management methods.
- Ability to independently establish priorities, manage time effectively, and fulfill assigned objectives and projects.
- Ability to respond to and resolve unexpected problems and handle priority changes in a fast-moving, fluid environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and lead onsite staff
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with customers and vendors.
- Ability to comprehend legal documents and carry out related rent collections and lease management.
- Demonstrated understanding of property operations with emphasis on lease terms and contract enforcement, including collections.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) designation preferred (for LIHTC)
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation preferred (for Section 8)
- 1 year of experience in LIHTC communities
- A minimum of five (5) years Regional Management
- College degree preferred. Professional designation (ARM, CAPS, CPM, etc.) is helpful but not required.
- The Regional Manager supports the Executive Vice President and supervises all assigned properties.
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transaction and activities among Community Managers and the corporate office.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and terminates the employment of those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives;
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve marketing activities; reviews occupancy status; recommends rent schedules.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approves all exceptions of same.
- Resolves resident relation issues.
- Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency. Conducts periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
- Supervises and coordinates preparation of annual operating and capital budgets. Monitors and makes recommendations on budget performance and prepares monthly or quarterly summary report of same.
- Reviews and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes recommendations.
- Established/revises property management forms, reports, and manuals including updates, changes, and additions.
- Acts as primary liaison between Owner or Owner's Representative and Peak Living.
- Travel is required. Must have reliable transportation to conduct site audits.
- Ensure that all tax credit communities are in compliance
Peak Living offers a competitive compensation package including quarterly bonuses, health, vision, dental and life insurance and discounted rent program.