Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE is currently seeking a Structural Engineer for a new program at Kirtland AFB near Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Structural Engineer is responsible for providing reliable and responsive Structural Engineer support to ensure effective and efficient operations of U.S.-owned and occupied facilities, associated installed equipment, and infrastructure. This includes the maintenance of all infrastructure, engineering support, fire protection and prevention services, and emergency management.
- Performs specific duties and responsibilities related to structural engineering.
- Provides efficient, effective and timely Structural engineering expertise, to include but not limited to building design, building renovation, structural analysis studies, AF bridge design and inspection.
- Perform structural analysis, identify seismic risks, and develop options to mitigate risks to manage repair and upgrades plans.
- Perform structural analysis of existing facilities and pavements to determine if existing structural systems are adequate to support new or proposed mechanical equipment, cranes and hoists, safes, filing systems, systems furniture, athletic or shop equipment, and other similar loads.
- Perform structural analysis of damaged or deteriorated structural systems in order to assess the capacity of such systems to perform their related functions.
- Manages and directs subcontractors performing structural engineering to ensure the plans and specifications are being adhered/followed.
- Provides the scope definition, specification, budgeting and write-up into project proposals of civil engineering projects, prepares written responses to RFI’s, RFC’s and prepares IGCE’s for contract changes.
- Informs management on project status and construction activities, and assists in the development of programs and budgets.
- Performs physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
EDUCATION & LICENSING
- The structural engineer shall have a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Must have and maintain, or the ability to obtain, professional registration as an engineer under the requirements of the New Mexico State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors (http://www.sblpes.state.nm.us/), based on having passed the Structural Engineering exam (see http://ncees.org/engineering/se/ and NMAC 126.96.36.199.).
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of design experience in facility infrastructure design with two (2) years of Air Force Base CE experience preferred.
- Must possess experience working with the Antiterrorism/Force Protection requirements for government infrastructure.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction/engineering drawings and specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design and specifications.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain Secret Clearance.
- Must have and maintain a valid US driver’s license.
- Must be capable of working with customers and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.