Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Management Technician
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Emergency Management Technician
- Establish and manage a single, installation-wide Emergency Management (EM) program including planning, organizing, training, and equipping IAW current and applicable Air Force Instructions (AFl's) and AFMAN's.
- Execute and assist in the training and education of people and protection of assets before, during, and after disasters, major accidents, civil emergencies, humanitarian operations, terrorist events, or hostile action. Protection for people includes all assigned military, civilian (Department of Defense (DOD), contract personnel, dependents, and guests.
- Provide on-scene and Emergency Operations Center (EOC) command and control (C2) support, as well as, specialized detection and contamination control support.
- Provide guidance to installation units to mitigate the effects of disasters and hostile incidents. Ensure rapid response and recovery from these incidents.
- Serve as the chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear (CBRN) and EM subject matter experts (SME) to the installation's Threat Working Group (TWG), Force Protection Executive Council (FPEC), and other installation working groups as assigned.
- Develop, update, execute, and review Emergency Management planning documents.
- Provide services in accordance with Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP 10-2).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- May be required to act as EOC manager and/or perform Emergency Support Function-5 (ESF-5) duties IAW current and applicable AFl's and AFMAN's. Job requires being on call 24/7.
- Respond to emergencies within 60 minutes during non-duty hours.
- Determine annual EM training requirements, develop training materials, revise training materials, prepare training schedules, provide training, and process training reports.
- Manage and maintain Government Furnished Property (NONEAID) and all inventories allocated. Ensure accountability for all equipment, supplies, and materials are maintained. Maintain all EM-related equipment and supplies IAW TOs or applicable guidance.
- Provide support to the Wing Inspection Team (WIT) IAW current and applicable AFl's and AFMAN's. Ensure EM capabilities are exercised.
- Review after action reports and corrective actions and advise the commander of the adequacy of those actions. Evaluate the adequacy of readiness response plans and checklist and take action to correct deficiencies.
- Provide Emergency Management information to base personnel and dependents.
- Organize, plan, schedule, and conduct installation Emergency Management Working Group (EMWG) meetings IAW current and applicable AFl's and AFMAN's.
- Publish an installation EM instruction plan outlining the specific requirements for the installation EM program.
- Review and coordinate installation emergency response plans.
- Coordinate EM policies and procedures with local civilian EM counterparts.
- Publish an installation EM instruction expanding upon the requirements in AFI 10-2501 and outlining the specific requirements for the installation EM program.
- Review and coordinate EM-related mutual aid agreements (MAA) IAW current and applicable AFl's and AFMAN's.
- Train all unit EM representatives, Disaster Response Force (DRF) personnel, and base populace to support the installation EM program IAW current and applicable AFl's and AFMAN's.
- Manage and train the EMST.
- Ensure the EM Technicians and the EMST are trained and equipped to respond IAW current and applicable AFl's and AFMAN's' and the Installation Emergency Management Plan (IEMP) 10-2, or as directed.
- Serve as subject-matter expert to IG during EM Program Reviews IAW current and applicable AFl's and AFMAN's.
- Conduct the CBRN and EM portions of the installation hazard analysis and vulnerability assessment IAW current and applicable AFl's, AFMAN's, and supporting manuals.
- Prepare and submit lnteragency Combating WMD Database of Responsibilities, Authorities, and Capabilities (INDRAC) report.
- Organize, and maintain a EM or CBRNE Control Center that functions in an all-hazards environment
- USAF 3E9X1 or Air Force equivalent.
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a US government Secret clearance.
- DOD HAZMAT Technician Certified
- Must demonstrate communicative, managerial, and organizational skills necessary to effectively manage operations.
- Must deal with the customer and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner. Must be customer oriented.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers; able to input and extract data.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification's activities range from, an office environment with extensive sitting demands to a field environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there are little or no physical demands to an outdoor environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, precipitation, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards. May be required to work a flexible work schedule and alternating work days to meet mission and customer requirements.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
*Must have or be able to obtain on the job within a reasonable amount of time and as required.
- Air Force Incident Command System (AFICS) 300 and 400
- FEMA Independent Study (IS)-100, 200, 700, 775, 800
- Air Force Incident Management Course
- Nuclear Emergency Nuclear Emergency Teams Operations (NETOPS)
- First Responder Awareness DoD HAZMAT Certification
- First Responder Operations DoD HAZMAT Certification
- HAZMAT Technician DoD HAZMAT Certification
- Valid Driver's License
- Secure Voice Device Education Certificate
- Flight Line Driving
- Air Force Emergency Response Operations (ERO) Course
- CBRNE Control Center Operations
- Information Awareness Training
- Anti-Terrorism Training
- EESOH - MIS Training
- SDS Training
- CPR Training
Primary and Alt Only
- Level II ATO Training
- Plans Training and Appointment as Unit Plans Rep
- Personal Wireless Communication (PWCS) Management
- Test Measurement & Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) and Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL)
- Equipment Management Procedures - Block Ill
- MAJCOM Equipment Management Procedures - Block Ill
- File Plan Maintenance and Training
- COMSEC Responsible Officer Training
- Secure Voice Responsible Officer Training (SVR)
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.