Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Designer 1 or 2
- Job ID
- # of Openings
WHPacific, an NV5 company, is looking for a Mechancial Designer 1 or 2 to join its team.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
- Work directly with engineers and project managers to produce designs and drawings from project requirements, sketches, existing drawings and electronic images, written and verbal descriptions.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information.
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, government drawings or specifications.
- Use the drawing standards as guidelines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma required; Associates/Technical degree in engineering or related field from an accredited school desired.
- Must be highly proficient with AutoCAD MEP. 3-5 years’ experience.
- Must be proficient with Revit. Experience with MicroStation a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel software.
- Specific discipline experience in mechanical and plumbing design practices a plus.
- Office responsibilities could include 3D modeling and design drafting
- Contribution to continued development of CAD/BIM standards for Group.
- Perform additional duties/assignments related to project as required by management
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime, including weekends, as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, co-workers, clients, customer, and the general public
- Demonstrated knowledge of principals of design and construction
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates “best practices” techniques and a willingness to learn
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability required
- Occasional travel may be required
- Valid Driver’s License required; must be able to meet company insurability requirements
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Prolonged sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Occasionally will lift up to 20 pounds.
- Normal vision range.
- Normal sensory ability to smell.
- Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Continuous talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Continuous hearing in person and by phone from normal or whispering voice.
- Usual office environment.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.