New Mexico Public School Facilities Authority
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Manager (Regional Facilities Manager) (2 Positions) (Las Cruces, NM & I-40 East Corridor)
at New Mexico Public School Facilities Authority
Regional Facilities Managers are the core of the agency, and are responsible for carrying out the objectives of the agency and the Public School Capital Outlay Council (PSCOC), managing the planning, design, construction, and maintenance management of assigned public school facilities within the State of New Mexico. Incumbents are charged with undertaking a wide-variety of interrelated functions, and must have experience and knowledge in all areas of the process from planning to design to construction of facilities and structures. Know-how and accountability are extensive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of the district’s initial funding applications along with guidance through the awards process.
- Provide analyses and technical assistance to district with regard to: Assessment to determine renovate or replace; space utilization; phasing, financing and cost benefit analysis.
- Manages the development of project agreements, project budgets, project bid processes, and oversees contractor selections.
- Represents the PSCOC/PSFA/Co-Owner at project meetings during all phases of planning, design and construction.
- Oversees the project design phase: periodic review and validation of scope of work, budget, schedule, value engineering, and plans and specifications; review and approval of design submittal phases: program statement, schematic design, design development and construction documents.
- Provides construction oversight – direct and indirect; coordinates the inspection of contractor's work insuring the project is on schedule within budget, and the construction specifications are met, attends substantial and final completions walk through, signs Certificates, accepts and reviews for compliance with the General Conditions Close-Out documents, approves final payment, obtains a written confirmation from the district representative that the project is complete and acceptable, submits final close-out package and as-built drawings to managementDirects school districts in evaluation of current facility utilization; determines existing Capital Outlay need; assesses Facility Assessment Database (FAD) validation reports relative to assessment of schools with the greatest need; formulates program summary consistent with Public Schools Facility Authority adequacy standards.
- Directs school districts in development of long-range comprehensive master plans including such factors as site selection and expected population growth and mobility
Skill / Requirements
- Ability to develop and present building estimates and feasibility studies.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
The State of New Mexico has an extensive Total Rewards Program to include participation in the State Retirement Program, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability, plus an extensive sick leave, annual leave, and holiday leave package.