Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Oasis Systems
- Requisition Number
Provide expert operational, technical, and analytical efforts to support the 705th Combat Training Squadron (705 CTS) located at Kirtland AFB, NM. The 705 CTS is the owner and operator of the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) – the United States Air Force’s centerpiece for the development, integration, and application of leading-edge Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) simulation capabilities for training, testing, and experimentation. The objective of this work effort is to support the 705 CTS/DMOC and its wide range of national and international customers. The selected candidate will develop and implement technical solutions, coordinating applications across the Distributed Mission Operations Center's (DMOC) Modeling and Simulation enterprise.
QUALIFICATIONS of the Individual for this position:
• MS (Applied Statistics, Ops Research, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline) with no experience, OR
• BS (Applied Statistics, Ops Research, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline) with 2 years relevant experience, OR
• No degree and 6 years relevant experience.
• Must also be familiar the various operating systems used in today's highly technical training environments (UNIX/LINUX or WINDOWS) and ideally have working knowledge of DIS, HLA and TENA protocols.
• Secret Security Clearance eligible for upgrade to Top Secret
• HIGHLY DESIRED
- DMO experience working with Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) assets
- Systems engineering background - preferably in military environment
- Computer generated forces or environment generators (e.g. Next Generation Threat System (NGTS)) experience
- Tactical Data Link (TDL) experience
- Familiar with C4I systems (GCCS, JDOCS, ADSI/JRE, etc.)
- Familiar with programming languages (PERL, PYTHON, JAVA, etc.)
- Network integration - DMON, ARCNet, etc.
- Technical writing and test reporting
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Support Personnel of the Organization:
• Support development and integration of new 705 CTS/DMOC capabilities by defining technical requirements, writing requirement documents, defining functional architectures, reviewing design specifications, monitoring development, writing acceptance test plans, executing acceptance tests, and writing acceptance test reports.
• Define distributed simulation networks and C2 communications architectures, defining data collection requirements and methods, developing analysis plans, and implementing analysis databases.
• Translate customer requirements into technical Battlespace requirements; identifying requirements for facility upgrades for customer test or training events; and conducting real-time troubleshooting and issue resolutions during tests or exercises.
• Responsibilities will include support of several activities within the DMOC to include:
- Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
- Distributed Mission Operations (DMO)
- Training, Test and Evaluation (T&E), and/or experimentation event support
• Will be able to organize testing/acceptance approaches/plans and work well with other engineers and operational subject matter experts in a high tempo exercise development and training arena to obtain military exercise solutions for warfighter training.
• Support requirements definition for development of capabilities including Live, Virtual and Constructive simulations and systems to provide a realistic training environment improving warfighter readiness within the Air Force, Joint, and Coalition community.
• Develop requirements for the evaluation and development of new systems, integration of existing systems into DMO, and system enhancements.
• Provide technical expertise capable of operating the DMOC systems.
• Provide reliable and accurate test and evaluation for all DMOC projects; document all tests to verify that requirements have been met and provide test reports following the completion of each test.
• Translate operational requirements into test procedures, develop test plans, execute test events, and document test results