Lovelace Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lovelace Health System
You're going to LOVE Lovelace!
Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque, is an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Lovelace Medical Center is hiring a Cook.
- Responsible for preparation and cooking of hot and cold entrees for patients, cafeteria, and special functions.
- Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
- Minimum education: None
- Desired: Formal class work in food preparation
- Ability to read, write, and understand detailed instructions in English.
- Knowledge of HACCP guidelines;
- Ability to adjust to the work schedule to meet meal deadlines
- Ability to prepare multiple food items at one time using knowledge of food preparation, presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Six (6) months production experience in a healthcare or commercial food serving operation.
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017 and 2018; Ranked #4 in the nation among providers
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.