Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lending Services Officer
at Sandia Area Federal Credit Union
Are you ready to showcase your customer service skills in a professional environment? Sandia Area has opportunities for motivated, positive, and knowledgeable individuals to join our Team in providing excellent member service.
Sandia Area Federal Credit Union is a highly successful not for profit financial cooperative which strives to support our competitive position in the ever evolving financial marketplace by focusing on member service. We are seeking applicants that have a great work ethic and positive attitude that are excited to make a contribution to our organization. We encourage those interested in working for a successful non- profit financial cooperative dedicated to delivering cost effective banking products and services to the community, to apply today.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success and offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit program that goes well beyond a paycheck including a 401(k) with employer match, pension plan, paid leave, and more.
Sandia Area is currently seeking a Lending Services Officer at our location in the Far NE Heights!
The Lending Services Officer position is a role that supports our Retail Lending Center and Loan Officers. This position is responsible for processing a high volume of loan applications, resolving loan product or service issues or disputes, assisting members with auto pay set up, and actively cross-selling Credit Union products and services.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provides Credit Union product and service information based on member need and/or request
- Sells products and/or services to meet members' needs and achieve Credit Union goals and objectives
- Meets/exceeds sales goals established by the Credit Union on a monthly basis
- Performs routine transactions, including but not limited to: opening savings/checking accounts, IRAs, money markets, and certificates; ordering checks, ATM/debit cards, and research requests; processing account disputes, address changes, delete/add joint owner requests, and other account maintenance; resolving product or service issues or disputes; assisting members with payroll and direct deposit questions, etc
- Performs loan interviews, gathering background information on loan applicants such as consumer reports, employment/income verification, residence information, etc
- Prepares and processes loan paperwork, reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, disburses loan proceeds and processes loan payoffs
Skill / Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Two year business degree or related degree preferred OR two to four years credit union experience with progressive responsibilities in new account and/or loan operations
- General knowledge of credit union operations is desired
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to ascertain members' needs and handle member issues
- Must be at ease selling Credit Union products and services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex (i.e. transaction or loan problems)
- High level of organization skills
- The ability to adjust priorities to meet deadlines