Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1379907
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This position reports to the hotel Rooms Director.
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for all duties of the housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property. Responsibilities include: staff training, inter- department communications, and staff scheduling. The Executive Housekeeper will promote an atmosphere that insures customer and associate satisfaction. This position requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the ability to effectively deal with department heads, guests, and team members.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s Housekeeping operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars
- Teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve guest requests
- See that inspection program is consistently maintained
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Work closely with all other Departments
- Inspect some rooms daily
- Experience purchasing linens and housekeeping supplies
- Current on latest housekeeping and laundry technology
- Work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance
- Experience teaching, supervising, and mentoring multilingual and multicultural staff
- Ensure OSHA and ADA policies are adhered to
- Experience with turndown service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. helpful
- Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- 4 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience (typically with Hyatt).
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills