General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Software Engineer Lead
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Here’s an opportunity to work for the US Air Force’s most storied and advanced Distributed Training operation. Winner of numerous US Air Force and US Department of Defense training awards over the last 18 years, the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) at Kirtland AFB, NM is the Air Force’s primary hub for distributed combat training exercises, testing and experimentation. Through the DMOC, warfighters at locations around the globe face realistic environments to practice tactics and procedures in highly-realist training environments. The DMOC architecture integrates synthetic (virtual and/or constructive) simulations across various networks to support a battlespace that accurately models adversary and friendly weapons and weapons systems, focusing on Command, Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems. Integrating live, virtual and constructive (LVC) elements, the DMOC is a major contributor to the US Air Force’s Operational Training Infrastructure (OTI). The DMOC paves the way to bridge the gap for fifth generation training in air, space, and cyber domains. This is your chance to influence an industry leader as the DMOC moves to the next level of exceptional training capabilities.
We are looking for an innovative and forward-thinking Principal Software Engineer Lead to help us create a state-of-the-art battlespace and the tools to manage it.
- Technical leadership for a small Software team, providing strategic vision, guidance and solutions.
- Management of software team, assigning tasks, tracking progress, and reporting.
- Research, design, develop, modify and maintain enterprise-wide systems and applications software that meets the product specifications and schedules.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Provides leadership in improvements in software development workflow and processes.
- Participating in large system and subsystem planning
- Collaborating with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training manuals.
- Provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other software engineers
Master’s Degree required in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 10+ years of related software development experience.
- SECRET security clearance required, TS/SCI highly desirable
- Simulations experience highly desired.
- Linux development experience highly desired.
- Experience with agile development processes highly desired.
Additional skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Knowledge of C++ required, Qt and Python desired
- Familiarity with multi-platform development in Linux and Windows preferred
- Familiarity with code revision repositories such as git, mercurial, or subversion
- Software system end-to-end development, testing and deployment experience
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.