General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Test Engineer
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Science and Engineering
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Here’s an opportunity to work for the US Air Force’s most storied and advanced Distributed Training operation located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Winner of numerous US Air Force and US Department of Defense training awards over the last 18 years, the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) at Kirtland AFB, NM is the Air Force’s primary hub for distributed combat training exercises, testing and experimentation. Through the DMOC, warfighters at locations around the globe face realistic environments to practice tactics and procedures in highly-realist training environments. The DMOC architecture integrates synthetic (virtual and/or constructive) simulations across various networks to support a battlespace that accurately models adversary and friendly weapons and weapons systems, focusing on Command, Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems. Integrating live, virtual and constructive (LVC) elements, the DMOC paves the way to bridge the gap for fifth generation training in air, space, and cyber domains. This is your chance to influence an industry leader as the DMOC moves to the next level of exceptional training capabilities.
We are looking for an innovative and forward-thinking Software Test Engineer to help us support and standardize state-of-the-art training venues. The DMOC is on the verge of moving the Air Force to the next level of advanced distributed training, and the skills we’re searching for may include:
- Software testing of developed software in both Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with acceptance testing, regression testing and automatic testing and tools
- Design and develop tests and test requirements for systems, software and/or related components and equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems/test anomalies and document findings.
- Work closely with software developers to rectify findings.
- Work with DMOC partners to execute acceptance tests and document findings.
- May participate in code review of software products depending on candidate skillset.
- May participate in the design and coding of software products depending on candidate skillset.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
1-5 years of related experience in software development/test or test engineering experience.
Secret Clearance required
Knowledge of C++, Qt and Python desired
Familiarity with multi-platform development in Linux and Windows preferred
Familiarity with code revision repositories such as git, mercurial, or subversion
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.