Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Technician (1677/2316/2326/2327)
About ENGIE Services U.S. Inc.:
ENGIE Services U.S. Inc. (ENGIE Services) is a national energy company that works with education, local government, commercial, industrial, and institutional organizations to implement efficiency and sustainable energy solutions that save money, enhance safety, improve assets, and protect the environment. As part of ENGIE, the number one energy services provider in the world, ENGIE Services U.S. Inc. provides a unique and extensive set of energy and sustainability management services to thousands of customers across the United States. The company has provided more than $2 billion in energy savings for its customers over the past 40 years.
The service technicians main objective is to participate in activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties. Working with direct supervision, the associate will interact with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Nearly all but the most routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
Local Candidates Only
Essential Job Functions
- Install new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
- Review performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Analyze, review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommend repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Perform all aspects of physical repairs, i.e. accessing equipment via ladders and roof hatches, complete disassembly and reassembly of large/heavy equipment utilizing hand and automatic tools, transferring said tools from vehicle to mechanical rooms
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Maintain records of performance reports
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safetyrules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups ofcustomers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such asdiscounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,circumference, and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with avariety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizationexists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructionsfurnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Constantly operates acomputer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copymachine, and computer printer
- Occasionally move aboutinside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 - 3 years of experience
- Level II EPA certification, HVAC Technicians only (or must be willing to obtain certification within 6 months of hire)
- ES3-J or JE-98 license (or must be willing to obtain certification within 6 months of hire)
- Associate's Degree
- Abilityto Travel 10% - 30% of the time
- Normal Office Environmentand Field Environment, may be exposed to different weather elements
- Frequently communicateswith employees and customers
- Able to get from office tooff site customers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levelof work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be anexhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires ofpersonnel.
Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.