Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Professional Engineer (1070)
About ENGIE Services U.S. Inc.:
ENGIE Services U.S. Inc. (ENGIE Services) is a national energy company that works with education, local government, commercial, industrial, and institutional organizations to implement efficiency and sustainable energy solutions that save money, enhance safety, improve assets, and protect the environment. As part of ENGIE, the number one energy services provider in the world, ENGIE Services U.S. Inc. provides a unique and extensive set of energy and sustainability management services to thousands of customers across the United States. The company has provided more than $2 billion in energy savings for its customers over the past 40 years.
The primary role of the Professional Engineer will be to design and develop comprehensive and cost-effective technical solutions that increase the operational efficiency of our customer's facilities. The engineer will identify and understand the mechanical, electrical, utility and energy related equipment and systems and specify, design and develop plans by providing technical and administrative direction to insure that corporate objectives are met. An associate in this position may interact with his or her supervisor weekly to receive guidance and feedback.
Director of Engineering
Local Candidates Only
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct facility surveys of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, utility systems and identify and document performance defects and inefficiencies
- Ability to analyze and manipulate field data by performing basic HVAC calculations
- Identify and quantify facility improvement
- Write technical reports and present engineering data
- Design, Develop, review and approve specification, drawings, and technical documents
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Assist corporate and project management to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and Clients
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc.
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates
- Ensure the project is delivered and meets quality standards for both the customer and company
- Communicate with top management in regards to project delivery related issues
- Stay abreast of current technologies and industry trends
- Work with contractors to define project materials and obtain quotes
- Other tasks as assigned by manager
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, be a self-starter and have a flexible approach
- Ability to alter schedule, direction and/or tasks for the benefit of the project, client or company with a professional and pleasant attitude
- Ability to be decisive and make timely decisions
- Supports organization's goals and values
- Ability to Travel 30% - 50% of the time
- Ability to get from office to off site customers
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 - 10 years of experience
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies/techniques, and construction contracts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software Products
- Energy Analysis software (i.e. Equest); HVAC design software (i.e. TRANE Trace, HAP, etc.); and the ability review and modify AutoCAD documents
- Certified Energy Manager or Certified Energy Auditor Certifications
- Normal Office Environment and Field Environment, may be exposed to different weather elements
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.