County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor work at assigned intersections to ensure the safety and protection of children crossing roads on the way to school.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stop on-coming traffic and escort children across street.
- Place and remove school crossing and reduced speed signs at assigned intersection before and after shift.
*The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, abilities, and skills required for the specific position.
- Ability to learn traffic laws and basic concepts of safety.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate with children.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in all circumstances.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Supplemental Information
Screening and Compliance
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical and background examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Employee must have means of transportation to assigned work site.
- Employee must pass an oral board examination.
- Duties are performed outdoors.
- Worker is exposed to natural weather conditions. Working in adverse weather conditions is required.
- Worker is exposed to intermittent noise from traffic.
- Worker is exposed to exhaust fumes.
- Work is performed on paved or dirt roads, concrete, natural ground, ice or snow. Surfaces may be wet or dry. Work surfaces may be even or inclined.
- Work hazards include vehicle traffic and exposure to fumes.
Equipment, Tools and Materials
- Equipment typically used in the performance of duties include traffic control signs, safety vest and whistle.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER