County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant - Senior
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under direction, perform administrative and business-related duties in support of the department. Typically assign work and supervises clerical staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and organize data of monthly department expenditures for assistance in budget preparation.
- Respond to requests for department-related information from the public or other County departments.
- Maintain records pertaining to daily transactions and business details of the department such as time records, budget expenditures, and personnel forms.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Draft responses to correspondence; research and write periodic and special interest reports reflecting the operation and function of the department.
- Attend meetings as a representative of the department.
- Direct the maintenance of departmental files.
- Perform other job related duties as required or assigned.
*The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associate degree plus three (3) years office/clerical experience OR a combination of post-secondary education and/or experience in business administration totaling five (5) years.
- Background in accounting or financial procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices, and departmental functions and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance procedures and standards.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer and word processor.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Ability to interact professionally with the public, supervisors, and other co-workers.
- Ability to set priorities for self and others.
- Supplemental Information
Screening and Compliance
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- All essential duties are performed indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Worker often works alone both with or without directions from supervisor.
Equipment, Tools and Materials
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
- Materials and products handled in the course of performing essential duties include files, forms, reports, various other paperwork, and a wide variety of basic office supplies.
Currently recruiting for MDC, Planning & Development Services, and Parks & Recreation.