County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ABC- Community School Partnership- Executive Director
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general direction of the Deputy County Manager, will provide leadership in the development and sustainability of a community schools system in Bernalillo County which includes but is not limited to: development of effective partnership with diverse stakeholders, prominent governmental and/or civic entities; grant development; development and management of initiatives; development of matrices and overall evaluation reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Manage activities; projects and grants associated with the ABC Community Schools Partnership which includes but is not limited to: budgetary oversight; development of strategic initiatives; develop effective reporting initiatives with oversight board members; generate effective reporting mechanisms; seek and secure financial grants from both public and private entities.
- Responsible for staff and/or contractors oversight which include but are not limited to: hiring; coaching; training and development of staff; performance evaluations and corrective actions.
- Participate and guide the annual strategic planning process and establish goals.
- Ensure programmatic oversight of compilation of data and effective reporting methods.
- Research and secure financial grants.
- Present at various meetings; conferences; and other forums.
- Ensure the operation of high-quality community schools, in partnership with academic leaders; agencies and site stakeholders.
- Responsible for the annual assessment of EMSI and other ABC community school programs which includes but is not limited to providing technical support to evaluate, review, research, and summarize data for various fiscal, programmatic and administrative purposes.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Sciences, Education, Public Administration, Business, Counseling or a related field plus five (5) years' experience in a formal leadership position with community based organizations and educational institutions related to partnership and team development with organizational leadership and management experience; OR any related combination of education from an accredited college or university or direct experience totaling nine (9) years. Related education and experience may substitute for the required education and experience and may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Master's Degree from an accredited institution in Social Work, Education, or related field preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Employee must have a valid New Mexico driver's license by employment date and maintain a valid New Mexico driver's license while employed in this position.
- Supplemental Information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA'S):
- Demonstrated experience working with community based organization and education institutions.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning; data development; programmatic evaluations methods and measures.
- Demonstrated experience with staff development strategies and effective coaching principles and techniques.
- Must have knowledge of budgeting, cost control, and project management principles.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle effectively multiple concurrent assignments, and activities.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English, to prepare accurate, concise, complete, and informative written materials, and to make effective presentations to small or large groups.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with superiors, subordinates, co-workers, residents, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to manage projects and personnel effectively and to work productively either independently or as a team member or team leader.
- Must have the ability to maintain objectivity and confidentiality in dealing with a variety of complex and potentially sensitive projects.
- Must be proficient in the use of Windows-based word processing, spreadsheet, and database software and in the development and maintenance of application data.
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination, and a background investigation.
- Must have a valid New Mexico driver's license by employment date and retain the license while employed in this position. Employee must have a valid New Mexico driver's license by employment date and maintain a valid New Mexico driver's license while employed in this position.
- Employee must comply with Bernalillo County safety policy requirements.
- Most essential duties are performed primarily indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, cell phone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
- Materials and products handles in the course of performing essential duties include: files, smart-boards, markers, forms, reports, various other paperwork, and a wide variety of basic office supplies.