City Of Albuquerque
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Technician B32
at City Of Albuquerque
- Position Summary
Monitor and maintain heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment; perform repairs, and general and preventive maintenance on large capacity centrifugal chillers, refrigeration systems, evaporative coolers, chillers, electrical/mechanical controls, controllers and general plumbing throughout assigned facility and install, repair, test and rebuild backflow devices on all boilers.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Education and experience directly related to the minimum requirements below may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
High school diploma or GED; and
A two (2) year formal apprenticeship program of specialized training in boiler and air conditioning maintenance and repair; and
Three (3) years of boiler and air conditioning maintenance and repair experience.
When assigned to Aviation:
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License, or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
Possession of a State of New Mexico Journeyman Plumber (JP) or Refrigeration (JR) licensure.
Possession of a State of New Mexico Journeyman BO1 Boilers License for Low Pressure.
Backflow prevention certification preferred.Successful completion of a security background check conducted by U.S. Customs & Border Protection, if applicable.Possession of a certificate in EPA recovery or back flow prevention within six (6) months from date of hire.
Possession of a State of New Mexico Journeyman Plumber (JP), Journeyman Electrician (JE98), Journeyman Gas (JG), Journeyman Pipefitter (JPF) or Journeyman Sheet Metal (JSM) preferred.
- Preferred Knowledge
- Operations, services and activities of a general maintenance program
- Operating principles of a wide range of heating, ventilation and air conditioning units
- Operating principles of variable frequency drive and building automation systems
- Methods and techniques of high and low pressure boiler maintenance and repair
- Local and state codes related to boilers, air conditioning and electrical systems maintenance and repair
- Maintenance and repair techniques of food service equipment
- Operational characteristics of maintenance equipment and tools
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Operate a variety of specialty HVAC maintenance equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner
- Overhaul or replace major HVAC operating components
- Read and use precision measuring instruments and gauges and understand the functional nature of installed machinery and systems
- Interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures
- Repair and maintain a variety of food service equipment
- Repair and maintain plumbing fixtures and gas and water systems
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation