City Of Albuquerque
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020 Seasonal Lifeguard/Instructor/Head Lifeguard/Pool Supervisor
at City Of Albuquerque
- Position Summary
Monitor activities in City swimming areas; prevent accidents and provide customer service and assistance to swimmers while keeping a safe aquatic environment; rescues swimmers in danger of drowning and administers first aid as needed; assist with the instruction of aquatic swimming and safety courses and assist in general maintenance and upkeep of the swimming facility.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to random drug/alcohol testing.
This is an unclassified at-will position.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Must be at least 15 years old. Applicants 15 years of age may be eligible for the entry level position with a required work permit.
Possession of a valid CPR, first aid and lifeguard certificate.
- Preferred Knowledge
- Operations, services and activities of a swimming pool program
- Principles and practices of pool lifeguarding to include basic swimming strokes and rescues
- Identify unsafe or hazardous situations
- Principles and procedures of water safety, lifeguarding, first aid and C.P.R.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and safety regulations
- Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Must be able to do work shift work
- Respond to emergency and hazardous situations
- Basic swimming ability and assist with training all age ranges
- Swim skillfully
- Evaluate an emergency situation and to act decisively and effectively
- Administer artificial respiration according to the prescribed method
- Handle crowds and direct individuals and groups
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including City officials and the general public
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation