Bering Straits Native Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Eagle Eye LLC, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking a qualified Project Coordinator for our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Assist our Project Managers in the daily administration and support of construction and office operations; to include organization and coordination of workload and project management documentation for multiple project teams. Assist the project manager with budget analysis, submittals, quality control, tracking, project documentation and record keeping. Compile, maintain and track submittals, requests for information, (RFI’s), architects supplemental information, (ASI’s), change orders and operation and maintenance, (O&M’s), manuals and other project specific documentation. Assist with document control; includes maintaining filing systems, file maintenance, data entry, maintaining certified payrolls, project expense reports, project invoicing and updating various project logs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Assist in the daily administration and support of construction projects and daily office functions; to include, but not limited to organization and coordination of project documentation for one or more projects.
- Possess a knowledge of the following:
- Budgets, i.e. Schedule of Values, (SOV), Monthly Projections, etc.
- Purchasing; to include writing purchase orders, (PO’s), and logging the same.
- Job cost accounting, i.e. accounts payable and receivable, (AP’s & AR’s).
- Assist the Project Manager with the following:
- Submittals; to include processing to the Architect and Engineer, (A&E), and logging the same.
- Quality control documents; Maintaining daily reports, test reports and Logs.
- Project documentation and record keeping.
- Track Change Order Proposals and Change Orders, and manage Change Order log.
- Support in the preparation and processing of Subcontractor Pay Applications.
- Support in the preparation, processing, and tracking Owner Pay Applications.
- Assemble the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) manual from vendor and/or subcontractor supplied product data sheets and submittal information.
- Maintain project invoicing, filing systems, file maintenance, copying, certified payrolls and updating of various project logs.
- Coordinate and participate in the weekly project status meetings; to include taking the meeting minutes and posting the meeting minutes to the appropriate parties.
- Perform other duties as required or deemed necessary to meet the needs of assigned projects.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Preferred experience administering duties for contracts managed through USACE regional offices, Air Force Medical Support Agency, including Huntsville Corps of Engineers
- Experience in a strong business, construction management, and delivery methodologies background preferred.
- Must be able to obtain military base passes and be able to operate motor vehicles on military installation
- Experience with tablet and web-based construction management software
- Highly proficient in all manners of computer-based data entry and tracking.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of the construction industry and commonly used construction practices and procedures.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is a must.
- Excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Strong organization skills
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Maintaining good attendance, (punctuality) and actively participating with a positive attitude is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to perform in a fast pace environment.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- The ability to provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- The ability to perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information, files and document processing.
- The ability to communicate with people outside the organization.
- The ability to positively represent the organization to customers, the public, the government and other external sources. This information may be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- The ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.