Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MARS - Contract Officer Training Manger
at Apogee Engineering
Apogee is seeking a Contract Officer Training Manager to work at Kirtland AFB, NM. This position will institute an enduring training program that combines federal business practices, regulations, policies and local agency guidelines for contracting career development and preparation of obtaining a warrant through a formal warrant board process at Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL).
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Develop AFRL contracting professionals with a standardized, consistent and a high quality training program in preparation for future career opportunities beginning with entry level training up to warranted Contracting Officers.
- Create introductory training to contracting professionals covering a list of topics with concentrations in Research and Development acquisitions that consists of four (4) three (3) week long sessions per calendar year
- Support the Contracting Officers Study Group (COSG) that consists of two (2) ten (10) week long sessions per calendar year that meets weekly for 2.5 hours each week.
- Provide and deliver a professional level career development program to include curriculum, professional reference material, coaching services, assessments, evaluations and off-site experimental learning activities.
What you’ll need:
- 5 years of experience
- Required: Experience in building training curriculum
- Preferred: Experience with DoD Contracting Warrants
- Security Clearance Eligible