Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outreach & Admissions Counselor-Roswell
Chances are you have heard of Job Corps. Do you know what we do or what we stand for? Now is the perfect time for you to learn more about our outstanding organization! Job Corps is the nations largest and most comprehensive residential, education and job training program for at-risk youth, ages 16 through 24. Since its inauguration in 1964, under the Economic Opportunity Act, Job Corps has provided more than 2 million disadvantaged young people with the integrated academic, vocational, and social skills training they need to gain independence and get quality, long-term jobs or further their education. Albuquerque Job Corps is a Career Development Services System. We are currently seeking an Outreach & Admissions Counselor who assists and provide guidance to prospective Job Corps enrollees by determining basic eligibility, conducting screening and providing career-based counseling.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Recruits eligible youth into the Job Corps program and provides guidance to prospective Job Corp enrollees.
- Promotes positive Job Corps image and awareness in the community.
- Conducts campus tours.
- Represents Job Corps at public and other community events, as well as at organizational meetings and in high schools.
- Joins and actively participate in at least one community group, i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Lions, Rotary, etc.
- Is familiar with and promotes/supports campus-wide compliance with DOL, Corporate and Center initiatives.
- Develops referral sources through agency and community outreach.
- Establishes referral partnerships with organizations, agencies, civic clubs, employers, the military, apprenticeship programs, churches, etc. that will refer eligible youth to the program. Implements Outreach Education Plan.
- Enroll a significant number of eligible applicant folders into the Job Corps Centers.
- Submits a sufficient number of eligible applicant folders to achieve 103% of contacted on-board strength. Maintains a 90-day commitment of 95% of all students recruited to the program. Works in other areas as assigned.
- Provides all applicants with accurate information about the Job Corps program. Through face-to-face interviews with each applicant, obtains pertinent data and documentation prescribed in PRH chapter 1 to assess, verify, and determine applicant’s eligibility and suitability for the program.
- Documents all information involving applicant eligibility criteria and additional enrollment factors in applicant folders and OASIS.
- Understands, implements, and complies with Chapter 1 of the Policy Requirement Handbook (PRH).
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and sponsor Job Fairs, conduct presentation at local educational institutions.
- Partnerships with religious organizations and community agencies
- Participates in CMT.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field or an Associate degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field, and 2 years related experience. Spanish speaking preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- CPR/First Aid certifications
To submit your resume: Go to Alutiiq.com. Click on careers and filter for Albuquerque Job Corps or email to Ruland.Henrietta@jobcorps.org, fax to 505-247-2523 or mail to Human Resources, 1500 Indian School Rd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104. Please include the Code number. 3098-183