Job: Security Specialty Officers
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Security/Protection Services
The position may include special job duties based on the client's needs and requirements, they are: Canine Handler, Customer Service Representative, Control Center/Console Operator, Dispatcher, Patrol Officer, Valet Officer, Fire Officer (certified fire fighter).
Primary Responsibilities - (Job responsibilities will vary depending on the specialty of the position)
• Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
• Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
• Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors and premises.
• Controls access to client site or facilities through the admittance process.
• Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle: checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
• Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
• Responds to incidents f fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather and other incidents.
• Prepares logs, reports and other duties as required under the "specialty" job functions.
• Performs other job duties as required.
• With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may included the following:
o writing clearly
o occasional reaching with hands and arms
o frequent sitting
o walking (which may require long periods ot time)
o climbing stairs
o walking up inclines and/or on uneven terrain
Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
Must meet the job requirements as outlined for the specific "Job Specialty"
Skills / Requirements
• Have HS diploma or GED
• Intermediate PC Skills
• Ability to perform established physical standards
• Excellent Oral and Written communication skills
• Excellent customer service and people skills
• Ability to make security risk evaluations
• Successful candidates MUST have ability to pass extensive background check.
Some positions require a valid Drivers License.